DNA is your inherent nature. If we forget about chemical basis, it is the highest potential in the form of a puzzle in charge of your ability to exist. It is a blueprint of you.
The good news is that the concept of an individual blueprint existed through ages and cultures, and it was heavily influenced customized healthcare through traditional diagnostics and treatment.
The even better news is that our abilities to predict future health and emotional issues are getting more scientifically precise. That science can be learned and utilized by anybody who is licensed and can practice medicine.
DNA double helix – mother and father, female and male, earth and heaven, yin and yang, conception vessel and governing vessel, duality, balancing act, the mystery.
Every moment a DNA transcription happens in every cell of your body, your highest potential is read and manifested into a reality. Your body is carrying a complete set of instructions in every cell of your 10 trillion cells, and each set of 2 meter long instructions has 3 billion letters in it. This reading is happening continuously, as well as the damage and repair of these instruction books.
Every function of your body and mind is written in this instruction manual, and it came from your mom and dad. At this point, scientists discovered about 30,000 genetic instructions in the human genome.
When I got interested in genetics, it was a chemical concept to me – pure biological, about how the body produces vitamins and nutrients. I needed it for my daily clinical work to help my patients discover nutritional deficiencies and correct them. The first lab I was working with (as of 10 years ago) provided a short but insightful genetic panel for some of the important nutritional markers, along with the brief explanation and instructions. After I read the report, my curiosity got the best of me – what makes this selection of genes so essential and the significance of these genetic mutations related to other genes not analyzed here.
In the subsequent few months of extensive studies, I realized that genetic mutations affect each other in various ways. Genetic mutation is something you don’t want to have because it means your body is not working at an optimal level.
Everything in the body is interconnected. The chain of chemical reactions that make you who you are is active as a factory working 24/7—a trillion little factories.
What is DNA?
It is a biochemical structure on the molecular level, and it is unique to you. It is defining every biological process necessary for your physical life.
You have the same DNA in every cell of your body, except cells that don’t have a nucleus – a place where DMA is stored. The only human cells that don’t have a nucleus are red blood cells and blood platelets.
Your DNA is transcribed differently in cells related to different organs. It is a fascinating concept! Your body has so much intelligence to do that, and you don’t have to think about it. Your genome contains the complete instructions for everything, but only a specific portion of it is turned on for each specific cell type.
For a major part, what happens in the nucleus stays in the nucleus. Even DNA damage occurred from the external world, such as UV radiation, toxic exposure, and more, can damage the core structure of DNA.
It is called a Messenger RNA.
In 1961 it was discovered that messenger RNA carries information. Sydney Brenner, François Jacob, and Matthew Meselson found that mRNA takes information from DNA in the nucleus to the cytoplasm’s protein-making machinery (plasma inside the cell). It unloads it there for manufacturing and then is destroyed and recycled. This process’s chemistry is so complex that it hurt my head when I was studying it for my Stanford genetic certification. It is probably the most complicated process in cell biology known.
The most important:
- mRNA carries an instruction to cause our cells to make proteins. In the case of an mRNA-based vaccine is antigens—molecules that stimulate our immune system. Various instructions could protect us against many pathogens that cause infectious diseases. The research is ongoing to use mRNA to fight cancer. It is called immunotherapy, where mRNA molecule is coded to produce molecules that will cause the innate immune system to identify and kill cancer cells.
- There is no way mRNA can enter the nucleus and alter your DNA.
- There is no way mRNA can survive in your body for more than a few hours.
- The sole purpose of mRNA is to carry instructions on how to create a specific protein. It had been in research and studies for years, and cancer gene therapy is based on it. It was the most exciting topic I learned eight years ago – treating cancer with gene therapy vs. burning and poisoning the body. Due to its complexity, genetic therapy requires thorough research that is ongoing for many, many years.
- As far as I researched, CRISPR/Cas-9 was not used in creating the current mRNA vaccine solution. It is the only technology known to alter DNA, and it is explored in therapeutic settings to reverse such as Huntington’s disease and other inherited incurable diseases. I, personally, like the idea of CRISPR but understand the hesitation about it.
- An mRNA vaccine has advantages over a DNA vaccine. The mRNA does not need to get into the nucleus. It simply needs to be delivered into the cytoplasm, which is where proteins are constructed. The nucleus with DNA inside stays protected.
Immunotherapy, modern vaccines, and other science-based therapies are the way modern medicine will progress. These therapies are in research for many years, and they are very powerful.
In my practice, I use functional medicine tests that didn’t exist in the past, and they provide me with information about my patient’s health I would not know otherwise. Of course, holistic and herbal medicine is potent, but I like faster results, so I combine it with the best science-based tools. Why not? It is available, accurate, and can be combined with an herbal and nutritional approach. DNA nutrigenomic and epigenetic testing gives you a good overview of your genetic coding and allows you to modify and optimize your lifestyle to get the best out of your capabilities.
Now, in the modern world, we have choices because we have technology. It doesn’t have to be black and white, holistic or scientific, homeopathic or pharmaceutical. We live in a unique tile when all of it available to you.
The only exception to that is the use of the power of your own mind. Nobody besides yourself can have control over it. Even that is a combination of your logical critical mind combined with your intuition.
Tap into your intuition, turn off the white noise of social media and news, listen to your body, and believe me, you have all it takes to get you where you want. All you might need is a nudge, awakening of your inner resources, and just like your DNA, you will produce the best results you possibly can.
Dr. Maya Sarkisyan
If this information picked your curiosity, let me know by emailing me [email protected] and ask for more interesting and relevant information.
Stay tuned and discover “The True Story About Your Health”.