Gut Health on DNA Level
DNA analysis on your microbiome with attention to bacterial, parasitic, and viral pathogens that can cause disease and contribute to chronic illness.
In the last few decades, DNA analysis has transformed the field of microbiology. Almost all research of microbes utilize DNA methodology. The NIH has followed suit with initiatives including the Human Microbiome Project, which characterized the microbiome of 15 habitats of the body using DNA analysis.
For individuals with symptoms of:
- Chronic Gastroenteritis
- IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Autoimmune Disease
- SIBO – Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- Suspected H.Pylori Infection
- Fungal or Yeast Infections
- Bacterial & Parasitic Infections
- Intestinal Permeability – Leaky Gut (add-on zonulin
- Viral Pathogens
More than ever before, we are keenly aware of the health benefits or disease risks brought about by the microorganisms that inhabit the human body. Culture techniques, previously the standard, left up to 50% of bacterial species virtually invisible. Because most of the bacteria of the GI tract are anaerobes, culture based methods cannot cultivate them which leaves a large blind spot for clinicians when trying to diagnose the source of infection.
We measure opportunistic organisms, normal flora, fungi, parasites and antibiotic resistance genes, immunologic markers for GI health and function including SIgA, Elastase, Calprotectin and Anti-gliadin testing.
- True DNA/PCR Assay
- Rapid TAT – Results in 3-7 days!
- Quantitative PCR Pathogen Testing
- High Sensitivity and Specificity
- Antibiotic Resistance Genes
- Virulence Factors