We offer comprehensive male and female hormone panels and thyroid panels that reveal the overall state of hormonal balance in a patient. Like nutrients, hormones influence all aspects of health and disease – mood, sleep, metabolism, immunity, heart health, and appearance. An imbalance of one hormone can initiate a cascade of events that alters other hormones, so a comprehensive look at hormone status is the key.
Call us today to schedule your blood test and interpretation – 800.590.6292
Hormones are chemical messengers that are secreted directly into the blood, which carries them to organs and tissues of the body to exert their functions. There are many types of hormones that act on different aspects of bodily functions and processes.
For example thyroid hormones directly regulate every cell in our body as most basic functions like metabolism, emotions, and thinking. We also test several proteins that affect thyroid function as well as antibodies to thyroid which can detect autoimmunity (when the immune system attacks healthy tissue) and your levels of cortisol, the stress hormone.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance:
- Fatigue & energy levels
- Cardiovascular health (blood pressure, clotting, lipids)
- Neurology (migraines, sleep, pain)
- Mental health (depression, anxiety, cognitive function)
- Immunity (infections, autoimmune disease)
- Metabolism (blood sugar regulation, tissue repair)
- Bone density (osteoporosis)
- Physical appearance (skin, muscles, hair)